Surrey Libraries accepts donations of lightly used book and magazines.
What we can accept
- Used books and magazines in good condition and of current interest
- Less than 20 books at one time at any branch. If you have more, contact your local library
- Books in other languages. Contact the Manager of Multicultural Services at 604-598-7411 or email@example.com
- LEGO & DUPLO for children's programming. Please contact your local library
Books and magazines not added to our collection are sold in our book sales. We use the revenue to help buy new materials.
To be eligible for a tax reciept, new book donations are first evaluated by Collections Services staff and must have the original sales receipt. If the book is accepted, a tax receipt is issued. New items not suitable for the collection are returned to the donor.
What we cannot accept
- Videos, DVDs, CDs or computer software (for copyright reasons)
- Damaged materials (e.g, yellowed, marked, mouldy, or underlined)
Other ways to recycle your used materials
- Donate items to your local thrift store or charity
- Donate magazines or books with pictures or photographs to a daycare, preschool, or school
- Recycle unwanted CDs, videos and tapes at your local recycling depot. Call the Recycling Hotline at 604-RECYCLE (604-732-9253)